Venue hunting has started! Looking for that Luxury Wedding Venue in London can be exciting yet nerving, this is where your wedding planning officially starts.
The best starting point is to put together a list of various venues that you are considering as well as how much you ideally would like to spend. It is always good to have a few different styled venues as well as different price ranges so that you are able to carefully compare various options to make the right choice.
One thing my fiance (now Husband) and I discussed when planning our wedding was what we wanted specifically from our wedding, what are the most important factors that we look for in the venue?
We knew that we wanted modern and relatively unique, we wanted a space that we could dress up in decor and draping to really make it our own. It must have our guests to be "wowed" when they walk through the door. This, for us is what we felt to be the main factor of our wedding day. As a wedding planner it is also an opportunity for me to show off what I can do with my creativity, show people that I can create a different world for one evening.
One thing to keep in mind during your venue tours is to have a rough draft as to the layout and decoration you intend to have on the day, that way when you view the rooms that the ceremony and dinner will take place, you can understand where any floral arrangements can go, the shape of the aisle, and any other form of decoration or entertainment you are planning on arranging.
The venue's we visited during our planning were:
- Rosewood London
- The Four Seasons (London)
- Grand Connaught Rooms
- Syon Park
From a Planner perspective, what I look for are the following:
- First impressions: What type of entrance does it offer? Is it grand/rustic/quaint? Does it connect with you as a couple?
- Inside always take a look around the entire of the venue, does it have a variety of areas for bride and groom pictures? Family photos?
- The rooms, for the ceremony does it have the capacity for all your guests? Capacity for your dinner? And most importantly does it offer both dinner & dance?
- What are the colour schemes within the rooms that you will be using? This particular point is quite interesting as you can then work with the room colours to match your wedding theme. If they are totally opposite you can always consider draping if the venue allows. And of course you can always use brilliant production elements to create a look.
- How long is their licence? Can they have music past 11pm?
- Is there sufficient accommodation either at the venue or close by?
- Are there any extra costs you should be aware of? i.e security, extra hours, production costs?
- Can they offer Kosher/Halal catering if your family are religious?
After visiting each venue, sit down and go through their packages or offers that are available and find the one that ticks all your boxes. It is important that you feel comfortable in the right setting so that your vision will be completely fulfilled when it comes to the day.
JHay | Creative offers a venue hunt in each service we offer, presenting only the top choice venues for your style and vision. Find our Services HERE.
HOTELS AS FOUND BY GOOGLE
Four Seasons London